1. People are basically good.
I have found that most people are honest, kind and wanting to do the right thing. If I come in with those expectations, I am rarely disappointed.
2. Everyone has something to bring to the table.
We are each one of us unique, with special skills and talents. When everyone gets a voice, great things can happen.
3. What you see is what you get.
I don’t like pretending. I will strive to put myself out there in the most honest, transparent way possible. And I tend to gravitate toward people who share the same philosophy.
4. We are all teachers.
I can usually learn something new from every person I encounter. I believe that everyone has the ability to teach something new to someone else. And I love it when that happens.
5. Cooperation beats competition every time.
Exciting stuff happens when we pool our talents together. I love sharing back and forth with my colleagues who are in the same industry.
6. I believe in lifelong learning.
Learning continues throughout a lifetime. I love the quote: “I’d rather know some of the questions than all of the answers.”
7. A sense of humor will get a person through almost anything.
Laughing—at myself and at the weird stuff life throws me sometimes—is one of my greatest joys. I love LOL comedies, John Cleese and The Honeymooners. Laughter is good for the soul.
8. It is better to look for what we have in common than what divides us.
I won’t go near the political discussions on social media because I truly believe that it builds walls, when I am more of a bridge sort of person.