Thursday, December 8th, 2011
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
13256 NE 20th St, Ste 5
Bellevue, WA 98005
Finding the WordPress theme that works best for your website or blog is one of the most important—and challenging—decisions you will make. And finding one that lets you easily customize your site—without knowing code—is even more difficult.
Enter Headway, and its newest version, which will be released November 25th. This premium theme that lets you easily create unlimited layouts, produce a beautiful site with no code and get at behind-the-scenes settings so you can change what you want.
In this 3-hour intensive workshop, I’ll walk you through all the settings in the Headway theme. Wifi will be available, so you can watch on the big screen and you have access to your own site as well, if you need it.
Just some of the things you’ll learn:
- how to get the most from your visual editor, a unique and powerful Headway feature
- how to use “the grid system” to create templates for different pages. (Say goodbye to, “Every page looks the same with the same sidebar.”)
- how to use the style editor to change font sizes, colors, styles and a lot more
- how Headway works seamlessly with the WordPress menu feature, allowing you to have different navigation bars on different pages
- how you can use Headway to create unique landing pages that look different from your site
The most current version, which I’ll be using, has awesome features. The biggest feature is the new grid, vs. the old drag and drop. You will be amazed on what this theme can do!
Wifi will be available.
NOTE: We will not be going over a lot of html or CSS customization, but will touch on it briefly. I will provide a list of common CSS customizations you can easily use.