This year at WordCamp Chicago that have added a 4-hour WordPress 101 workshop that I will be teaching with Mary DuQuaine.
Build Your WordPress Blog 101
Have you installed WordPress, but it’s just setting there? Or maybe you keep telling yourself you need to set up that WordPress blog.
Join Bob and Mary for 4 hours of hands-on WordPress goodness. We’ll start at the beginning and you will learn how to:
- Get more control over your WordPress dashboard.
- Steps to go through after installing WordPress.
- How to create posts and pages, and the differences between them.
- How to insert media such as photos and videos.
- Manage categories and tags.
- Install and use plugins and widgets.
- Simple SEO and security tips.
- And ideas of how you can take your blog into a full-fledged website.
Space is limited to 25 so register now.
Note: It will help if you have your domain and hosting purchased with WordPress installed. And make sure to bring your laptop computer – wifi available.